Temporomandibular Joint Disorder ( TMJ )
Signs and Symptoms:
- Pain in or around the ear, often spreading to the face
- Frequent headaches and/or neck aches
- Clicking/popping when chewing, yawning, and/or opening of mouth
- Locking of the jaw
- Factors related to the bite of your teeth is the most common
- Clenching or grinding of teeth
- Trauma to the jaw or face
- Osteoarthritis and/or rheumatoid arthritis
- Some Auto immune disorders
- It is best to seek the opinion of a Dentist in the treatment of TMJ
- We recommend applying warm moist compresses and an Over the counter anti inflammatory for pain.
- If you do not have a Dentist please ask your nurse for the name and number of one that we refer to.
Please contact Ear, Nose Throat & Allergy Specialists for an appointment today at 770-345-6600, or use our secure online appointment request.