Post Op for Layrngoscopy, Esophogoscopy, Bronchoscopy
- If you had a biopsy and/or excision during your procedure you may have some moderate throat pain for several days.
- You should rest your voice for 1 week to promote healing.
- If you were given a narcotic pain medication you should take every four hours for the first 24 hours. After 24 hours you may opt to take over the counter Tylenol as directed by the manufacture and reserve the narcotic pain medication for your evening dose.
- DO NOT TAKE ASPIRIN or aspirin containing medications, as this will increase bleeding risk.
- You should begin your oral antibiotic the day after surgery and continue taking until completed.
When to call the office
Our emergency after hour's number is 770-345-6600 or 770-429-2553
- You should contact our office if you have any BRIGHT RED BLEEDING!
- You should contact our office if you develop a FEVER GREATER THAN 101.0!
- You should contact our office if you have excessive nausea and/or vomiting after 24 hours!