Post Op for Adenoidectomy
- Ear pain is common for up to 10 days after surgery. continue to give the pain medication as prescribed or an over the counter Tylenol, use as directed by manufacturer.
- DO NOT USE over the counter MOTRIN, ASPIRIN, or ADVIL, this increases your bleeding risk.
- Give prescribed pain medication every 4 hours for the first 48 hours and wean into the Tylenol
- You will be given a post operative appointment to follow up. It is important you keep this appointment so that we can examine and assure proper healing.
Feel Free to contact our office from 9-5 m-f with any non-emergency questions and a nurse can assist you.
When to call the office
Our emergency after hour’s number is 770-345-6600 or 770-429-2553
You should contact our office if the patient experiences ANY BRIGHT RED NOSE BLEED.
- Bleeding may occur up to 2 weeks after surgery, and avoid strenuous activity, ie; bending, lifting, running, ect.
- have the patient gargle ice water to slow the bleeding
You should call our office if the patient develops a FEVER GREATER THAN 101.0 after surgery.
- If you the patient develops a low grade fever you may take children’s Tylenol, or adult as appropriate, use as directed from the manufacturer.
- Dehydration can also cause an increase in body temperature. PUSH FLUIDS
You should contact our office if the patient has not had any fluids in 6 hours and significant decrease in fluid output.
- It is very important to encourage fluids to prevent dehydration.